Monday

Diaper Cake

We just threw my sister-in-law a baby shower (post coming soon!) and I wanted to share the diaper cake I made! They're so easy to make and are a great present, centerpiece, etc.
What you need:
-Diapers (I used about 100)
-cardboard
-wrapping paper (optional)
-large rubber bands
-water bottles (optional)
-ribbon, embellishments, etc. 

Step 1: Cut out cardboard base and wrap with decorative paper (optional). I like to do this just in case some of the bottom ends up peeking out. To cut out a large circle, you can simply trace a household item (pots, pans, clock, etc.) or use the good old fashion pencil and string trick!


Step 2: Build up bottom layer. To save diapers, I bundled up water bottles to fill in the center. I've made diaper cakes before and added gifts as the center of each layer. You can put fun things like rolled up clothes, baby shampoo, etc. Rubber band the items together to keep them in place.
 Step 3: Build each layer up. Place a large rubber band around the core (water bottles) and tuck in diapers, slightly overlapping each diaper.
The beginning of the bottom layer.

Layers and layers of diapers!
Once you have a few layers of diapers and the the cardboard piece is covered in diapers to your liking, add an extra rubber band to the top for extra support.

Step 4: Secure a bundle of diapers, water bottles, baby items, etc. as a core for the next layer. I just used diapers. Use the same technique to overlap diapers securely under the rubber band until you've reached your desired fullness.


 Step 5: Add embellishments. I used the ribbon to cover up the rubber bands on each layer. Cute, easy, and fun to make!

Here's the end product! It turned out great. I can't wait to share the baby shower details soon!